Printing is available to University community members and guests on all campuses. Print release stations and printers are located in the libraries, computer labs and departmental teaching labs. Documents can be sent as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org or uploaded by visiting the Pharos Remote Print website. You can also print by using the “Pharos Print” app for IOS/Android. Log in using the AccessIT ID and password or register as a guest. Funds can be added to your account by visiting the Pharos Remote Print website or using the “Pharos Print” app.
Swipe your ID at any print release station to select and print the documents you have emailed or uploaded (B&W prints are 5 cents and color prints are 25 cents).
University Pharos print service locations include:
Rose Hill: Walsh Lower level (EIC) and first-floor copy and reference rooms
Lincoln Center: Quinn (140W) 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors
Westchester: Lower level
Open Computer Labs
Rose Hill: Keating lower level lounge area and McGinley Commuter Lounge (main level rear)
Lincoln Center: Lowenstein 3rd floor west
Westchester: Rooms WC 217 and WC 220
Pharos devices are also located in some departmental classroom labs (Closed labs).
Resident Halls at Rose Hill
O’Hare, Tierney, Queens and Martyrs Court ---for use with One Card access to the building
Faculty Technology Centers
In addition to the above locations faculty may use Pharos print at the Faculty Technology Center at each campus:
Rose Hill – Keating lower level
Lincoln Center – Lowenstein 3rd floor west near computer labs
Westchester – 2nd floor near computer labs
Pharos Print Guide
Creating and Adding Money to the Pharos Data Base
Students, faculty, and staff can create accounts in the Pharos database and pay for print services by depositing money in their account in the Pharos database. Money can be deposited using Pay Pal through the Remote Print pages in the University portal. Temporary guest accounts can also be opened. In addition, during the current year, deposits can be made by using vending machines (AVS machines) located in libraries and some labs.
Pay Pal is our web portal credit card vendor. The easiest way to make Pharos deposits or open a guest account through the University Pharos web page and deposit money from your credit card directly to your Pharos account. Deposits from your credit card to Pay Pal and then to your Pharos account may take longer to process and deposit.
Detailed instructions for account set up, deposits and using Pharos are available at libraries and most open lab locations.
Printing from Libraries and Labs
Library and lab desktops offer a print to Pharos option in the print command which appears in MS Windows/Office or other print applications. The print job will be sent to the Pharos database and held until the sender logs into a Pharos workstation, selects the job and prints or deletes the job (note: jobs not printed during the data are deleted from the database each evening). Library or lab personnel will provide users with detail print instructions. New users should check library personnel prior to running their first Pharos print.
Printing Using Remote Options
Pharos also supports print jobs sent to the database from devices not directly connected to the Pharos. After completing a document users can save the document locally and then email the document as an attachment the pharos remote print email address.
Guidelines for Pharos Print
- Your print request must come from your Fordham email address or a guest Pharos account
- Email your document as an attachment (not to exceed 50MB in size).
- You may include more than one attachment in an email.
- Only the following document formats can be sent to the Pharos database for printing: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PDF, Images, Text (CSV, RTF, and TXT), and Visio.
- Documents that include logos, signatures, and pictures will print on separate pages. These items should be deleted at the print release station.
- Black and white is the default print setting for print requests sent via email. Color or double-sided printing can be requested when using the remote print website, but not all printer stations can accommodate these requests. Check your printer station in advance.
- Files may take a few minutes before they appear in the print database after being uploaded or emailed. Jobs will be available to print for up to 10 hours.
If you have any problems while printing, ask library staff or a lab attendant for assistance.