Off-Campus Metered Mail Guidelines
- Envelopes should be stuffed so that they are as flat as possible and the contents are below the flap fold.
- Keep addresses on #10 letter size envelopes on lower right to conform with postal regulations (please avoid handwriting).
- All mail should have a Fordham University return address. If mail is stamped and/or prepaid, it should be kept separate from unstamped mail.
- Departments should notify the Mail Services Area on the best method of sending mail. Properly marking mail with “First Class”, Book Rate”, “Priority”, “Parcel Post”, “Foreign (Air/Surface)” or “Nonprofit” designation helps Mail Services personnel process mail correctly.
- Foreign Mail should be separated from regular mail, (postage rate requirements are different).