IRB Education, Workshops and Training
IRB Education and Training
CITI Online Required Human Subject Education
As of 1/1/13. all faculty, staff, students, and key personnel conducting or overseeing human subjects research, must complete the required online CITI program.
Based on feedback from Fordham researchers, the average time it takes to complete the training is:
- 1-2 hours for the Students Conducting No More Than Minimal Risk Research course
- 2 hours for the Refresher of Social and Behavioral Research Investigators course
- 2-3 hours for the Social and Behavioral Research Investigators course
- 4 hours or more for the Biomedical Research Investigators course
Upcoming IRB Workshops
IRB Workshop - This session will provide a basic overview of the IRB, the application process and common confusing topis such as Anonymity vs. Confidentiality, Consent vs. Assent, and Minimal Risk vs. More than Minimal Risk.
Attendees are encouraged to bring questions, suggestions, and points for discussion.
Being held as part of the Grants Education Workshop Series. Please RSVP with Beth Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
When: March 6, 2017, 11am
Where: Rose Hill Campus, Keating Hall Room 307B
IRB Seminar at Your Door Service
Are you teaching a class and think a presentation on the IRB would be a great addition? Or do you think your school, department, or program would benefit from a presentation about the IRB?
Invite an IRB representative to come speak!
- Intro to the IRB
- Customize your own seminar by asking for specific topics that would benefit your group!