Internships are an incredibly valuable experience and provide a tremendous opportunity for professional growth and development. New York City offers endless opportunities across diverse fields. Meet with a career counselor, and begin your internship search today!
Why Should I Get An Internship?
- Develop your skills and gain hands-on experience
- Learn about your interests, values, and goals
- Enhance your resume
- Build a professional network
How Can I Find An Internship?
- Meet with a career counselor
- Explore Handshake
- Attend Career Fairs, info sessions, and networking events
- Network with friends, family, classmates, and professors. Exciting connections can be formed when you least expect them!
Can I Receive Academic Credit?
Refer to your academic class year dean to:
- Enroll in an Internship Seminar
- Complete a one-on-one Internship Tutorial
Basic requirements to enroll in a seminar or tutorial:
- Minimum 60 completed academic credits
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
Free Ram Van Passes For Unpaid Internships
Career Services provides FREE Ram Van passes for unpaid, for-credit internships.
Submit a letter from your internship supervisor that:
- Includes company letter head
- Verifies the internship is unpaid and for credit
- Outlines the daily and hourly requirement
Fraudulent Job Postings
We screen all job postings from employers before they are approved; however, if you receive an email that meets the following criteria it may not be a real job offer. Do not click on any links in that email and do not provide any personal information.
Beware of the email if it:
- offers you a job without ever interacting with you
- offers to pays a large amount for almost no work or sends you a check before you do any work
- wants you to transfer money from one account to another or send payment by wire service/courier
- asks you to give your credit card or bank account numbers or copies of personal documents
- uses a personal email account, such as Gmail, Hotmail, etc.