Resumes and Cover Letters
- Create your own personal brand
- Tailor your experience to the industry you are interested in
- Look at each experience through the lens of the industry you’re hoping to join
- List quantifiable results and achievements wherever possible. You’re not bragging!
Try to highlight:
- Academic achievements
- On-campus involvement (clubs, GO! trips, leadership experience, etc.)
- Past internships
- Part-time jobs
- Volunteer experience
For a jump-off point, check out our Resume Template.
- Do your research and showcase what you know!
- Keep your cover letter concise.
- Analyze the job description, and focus your cover letter on the listed skills, responsibilities, and qualifications for the role.
- Expand on the transferable skills that you have obtained in diverse areas.
Need a starting point? Check out our Cover Letter Template.
It’s best to have a career counselor look at your resume and cover letter before applying for jobs. Also, if you’re not sure where to start, we’re here to help!