Career Services Info for Employers
The Office of Career Services, located at both the Rose Hill and Lincoln Center campuses, has a dedicated and unified mission. We aim to work collaboratively to connect our students with employers and ensure that each of our employers is best represented at each campus accordingly. The distinction of each campus culture and environment presents a unique appeal to your various recruiting needs.
Handshake is our online portal through which employers can:
- Post a job or internship opportunity
- Register for a Career Fair
- Request a Career Discovery or tabling event
- Request an On-Campus Recruiting schedule
- Learn about upcoming events
- Access to student profiles
How to Create a User Account, Join a Company, and Connect with Schools
- Visit https://fordham.joinhandshake.com/register
- Select the Employer account type from the options presented
- Fill out the information requested then click Sign Up
- *If you are not a third party recruiter, select No. Then, click Next: Confirm Email. The email should arrive within 10 minutes and will contain a link enabling you to confirm your account. You must click this link before you can proceed with the registration process.
- If your company already exists in our system, you can click Request to connect with your company if this is not the right company, or if no company pre-populates, you can use the search bar to find your company. If your company does not exist, you can create a new company
- Then select Next: Connect to Schools.
- Next, you will choose to connect to Fordham by clicking the+ button to the right of the school. Then click Next: Finish.
Fordham University’s Office of Career Services does not permit “Third Party Recruiters” refers to; Employment Agencies/Search Firms/Staffing Services/Temp Agencies/Online Job Board Services/Contract/Recruiters, etc. access to recruit or post opportunities on Handshake.
All jobs posted on Handshake are manually approved by Career Services staff. Postings will take 24 -48 hours to be approved, and must adhere to the following criteria in order to meet approval:
- All registrations must be linked to a contact with a company-sponsored email address. No generic email addresses (Gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc.) will be accepted.
- All registrations must be linked to a working website. No registrations will be approved if the website is under construction, or if the website is a “Page” of a LinkedIn or Facebook group.
- Companies interested in recruiting Fordham students must follow the spirit of Fordham’s Jesuit mission. Companies attempting to recruit students for positions in contradiction with the Catholic tradition will be banned.
- No postings for positions within a person’s home will be allowed. In-house babysitting, tutoring, housekeeping, or other work will not be approved.
- No postings which require students to pay any sort of fee will be approved.
- Internship compensation must meet the U.S. Department of Labor standards. Internships for academic credit are determined on a case-by-case basis between the student and their academic dean. Career Services does not coordinate this process.
Download our Fordham Recruiting Guide for more details and instructions for the best ways to reach Fordham students! This 16-page guide has all of the information you need about recruiting at Fordham in one convenient link. We encourage you to look through the guide and reach out to the Employer Relations team with any additional questions.