Digital Business Innovation
Technology is an agent of transformation in business. All business
Students in the Digital Business Innovation track will learn how to harness technology to create major change for companies.
With a command of cutting-edge trends such as ;e-commerce, mobile commerce, cloud computing, social technologies and tech startups, they will be able to understand and exploit disruptive digital innovation.
Students in the Digital Business Innovation track complete six courses that are common to all information systems majors:
- INSY 3432 – Database Systems
- INSY 3433 – Business Applications Development
- INSY 3441 – Systems Analysis
- INSY 3442 – Web Applications Design and Development
- INSY 4507 – Project Management
- INSY 4800 – Global IT Strategy and Management (capstone course)
They also take four advanced information systems electives. It’s recommended that three of these four are advanced courses in the Digital Business Innovation track, but faculty advisors can help students make individualized decisions. Suggested electives for this track include:
- INSY 4505 – Electronic Commerce
- INSY 4432 – Mobile Commerce and Apps
- INSY 3434 – Network Applications and Telecom Policy
- INSY 4431 – Web Analytics
- INSY 4430 – The Law of Innovation
While most students choose all four electives in the information systems area, up to two electives can be taken in the computer science department or other business areas with the approval of the faculty advisor.