Create New Pages
There are two types of pages: Homepages and Document Pages.
Whether creating a Homepage or Document Page, it is a 2-step process: setup and design.
A Homepage is also known as a Parent Page.
Create a Homepage when
- The page will have children pages or
- The page will require the use of widgets
Create a Homepage (Publishing > Homepages)
Note: a category must be created in the Category Builder before following these instructions.
- Enter Homepage Name
- Homepage Description is not required
- Assign Category
- Find the category created in the Category Builder, click "Add: Category Name" so it appears in the right column, click "Apply Categories"
- Assign Metadata
- Give a description, this is what will appear in search engines, "click Assign Metadata"
- Leave "Assign Season" as is.
- Click "Continue"
- Drag and drop a Content widget to the body of the page (Row 1).
- Edit the content widget by clicking the wrench icon in the upper right.
You are now ready to design your Homepage using Widgets and Supplements.
Remember: Homepages must be ACTIVATED to show live.
A Document Page is also known as a Child/Children Pages.
Create a Document Page when
- The page will have no children pages and
- The page will not need additional formatting
Create a Document Page (Publishing > Document Page)
Note: Document pages are assigned to the category of their Parent Page (Homepage).
- Enter Document Title.
- Assign Category.
- Find the category of the Parent Page in the Category Builder, click "Add: Category Name" so it appears in the right column, click "Apply Categories".
- Assign Metadata.
- Give a description, this is what will appear in search engines, click "Assign Metadata".
- Leave "Enable Document Password," and "Access Level" as is.
- Click "Save".
- Click “Create One Now”.
- Add a page title.
- Click in white text box and add content.
You can also use Supplements on your page.
Please Note: It takes time for all updates to appear on the live site. Please put .web after www in the page link name. (e.g. http://www.web.fordham.edu/info/24551/jadu_tutorials/7098/add_new_pages) Once you see your update on the .web server, it will appear on the live site shortly thereafter.