Upload New Images
Images must be cropped accordingly before being uploaded to Jadu.
Resizing and optimization can be done with either Photoshop or Pixlr.
Required image sizes: (images must follow one of the set size standards)
- Standard Sizes: 240x240, 360x360, 480x480
- Group Sizes: 480x360, 320x240
- Banners: 975x375
- Landing Page Story: 1800x865
- Book Covers: 150x225
- Video Still: 1165x350
- All images should be below 500kb.
- Save for web in Photoshop
- Choose 40-60 quality in Photoshop and Pixlr
- Choose progressive in Photoshop
Uploading the Image
While editing a Homepage or Document Page:
- Click on “Insert/Modify” (mountain and sun icon).
- Click on “Add” in the upper right (plus sign in green circle)
- Click “Choose File” and select the picture.
- Do not resize
- Do not check “Optimize Image”
- Click “Upload”
1) Metadata; 2) Category; 3) "Save and Use" to prevent image loss
Required fields for metadata:
- Title: name of image; use descriptive name that represents the content of the image for SEO purposes (e.g. Students Studying in Walsh Library)
- Tags: insert keywords for internal searchability (e.g. GSAS, Graduate of Arts and Sciences, Professor Name, Student Name, Lab, etc.)
- Image library is shared with everyone, so use tags wisely
- Alternative Text: text shown when mouse is hovered over the image on the website
- Caption: text that appears underneath picture
- Categories: new images must be assigned to at least one Category.
- Assign images to their corresponding size category (240x240, 360x360, etc.)
- "Add Category" is at the bottom of the column.
- Click “Save and Use”