Insert Social Media Feeds
The Custom HTML supplement is used to create a social media feed. Facebook and Twitter feeds are commonly featured on the Fordham website (Environmental Studies and Campus Ministry). It is a two-step process to create a social media feed.
Learn how to Add a Supplement to an existing Homepage or Document Page.
Acquire the Feed Code
- Go to https://publish.twitter.com/
- Paste the URL for the Twitter feed
- Select "Embedded Timeline"
- Click "Copy Code" to get the embed code.
- Copy the link to the Facebook page.
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/page-plugin.
- Past the Facebook URL, and use the following attributes:
- Width: 240
- Height: 500
- Use Small Header: Yes
- Hide Cover Photo: Yes
- Adapt to Plugin Container Width: Yes
- Show Friend's Faces: No
- Select "Get Code".
- Selecet the iFrame tab.
- Copy the new updated code template.
Creating the Custom HTML Supplement
- Open the existing homepage or document page.
- Add the Custom HTML supplement to the page via the Supplement tab in the upper left.
- Enter an appropriate title for the feed. The name will appear above the feed. Please be sure to follow the naming scheme.
- Click on the “Insert Code Snippet” button highlighted above.
- Paste the code into the code section.
- Click on Insert Snippet.
- Save the supplement.