Lessons Learned from the Shark Tank: Starting, Growing, and Selling a Successful Business
Participants will gain a strengthened understanding of where their idea or venture is headed next—and how to take it there. It’s possible to go from a concept to a business of value in five weeks.
This course does not provide a generic roadmap to success. It allows people to create an individualized pathway for their business.
Entrepreneurs with big plans, small-business owners trying to break even, and company executives who want to reach a higher level all will find value in this experience.
Topics and lessons
- Planning and execution, employee management, financing, valuations, stock, and franchising
- Candid stories from guest speakers who can communicate real-world advantage
- Course resources selected to illustrate aspects of starting, running, and selling a business
- Opportunity to complete and be evaluated on five short projects on either selected readings or assigned cases
- Class meeting with Barbara Corcoran, angel investor for ABC’s Shark Tank
- Light snacks, water, and coffee during course meetings and an end-of-course dinner at Miguel Gonzalez’s home
- Upon conclusion of the program, participants will receive a certificate of completion from the Gabelli School of Business
- Download (PDF)
Times and Dates
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., from Feb 20 through March 26, 2018
Fordham University Lincoln Center campus
$5,950 for the five-week course
Who will benefit from this course?
- Corporate executives—CEOs, CFOs, human resource managers
- Small-business owners
- Entrepreneurs looking to start a business
- Each attendee will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement to protect the information shared in class and to allow for open and candid dialogue.
- Students will be granted access to Fordham University technology and resources for on-campus use during the five-week program, including a full suite of library resources, such as subject databases, e-journals, e-books, videos, and a multimedia collection
Please contact Greg Cooper at email@example.com or 212.636.7301 for more information.