Outstanding Externally Funded Research Award (OEFRA)
The Office of Research and the University Research Council are now accepting nominations for the Fordham University Outstanding Externally Funded Research Award (OEFRA). OEFRA is designed to recognize faculty members who have received an externally funded research grant or fellowship within the past three years (January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2016) and whose distinguished grant activity and research results have enhanced the reputation of Fordham University in a global or national context and received significant praise from experts in the field.
- The award consists of a Certificate of Recognition and an honorarium of $1,000.
- There will be five awards per annum, covering 1) science; 2) social science; 3) humanities; 4) interdisciplinary research; and 5) work in any of these fields by a junior faculty member.
II. Award Eligibility
- The applicant must be a full-time tenure-track or tenured faculty member during the academic year in which the award is received.
- The applicant must have secured an externally funded research grant or fellowship at Fordham within the past three years.
- The applicant must currently be or have been a lead recipient within the past three years.
III. Award Nomination and Evaluation
- Formal nominations must be made by a member or members of the academic community by February 1, 2017. All nominations must be submitted to the Office of Research at firstname.lastname@example.org. Student nominations and self–nominations are not acceptable.
- Formal nominations must be specific to only one of the five areas in section I. 2.
- Nominated candidates must document the grant activity by providing a copy of the award letter(s) and a list of the externally funded research activities or fellowships undertaken during the grant period.
- All nominations and supporting materials must be submitted to the Office of Research at email@example.com, no later than 4:00 p.m. on February 15, 2017.
- The Fordham University Research Council’s OEFRA review committee will review all eligible applications and make recommendations for the award.
- The final awardees will be announced at the Fordham Sponsored Research Day on April 5, 2017.