Distinguished Research Award (DRA)
The Office of the Provost, the Office of Research, the University Research Council and the Research Deans’ Council are now accepting nominations and self-nominations for the Fordham University Distinguished Research Award (DRA). DRA is designed to recognize tenured and tenure-track faculty members who have produced outstanding research, scholarship and creative practice accomplishments within the past three years (January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2019).
- The award consists of an engraved plaque and an honorarium of $1,000.
- There are five categories of the award, covering: 1) natural sciences; 2) social sciences; 3) humanities; 4) interdisciplinary studies; and 5) research in any of these fields by a junior faculty member.
II. Award Eligibility
- The applicant must be a full-time tenure-track or tenured faculty member during the academic year in which the award is received.
- Within the last three years, the applicant must have secured an externally funded research grant, external fellowship and awards, published an article in a refereed research journal, and/or had a research book published by a non-commercial publisher.
- External funding not awarded to Fordham University will be excluded from consideration.
III. Award Nomination and Evaluation
- Formal nominations by members of the academic community or self-nominations must be submitted to the Office of Research via DRA nomination form no later than December 1, 2019. Nominations made by students will not be accepted.
- Formal nominations or self-nominations must be specific to only one of the five areas in section I.2.
- Applications and all supporting materials must be submitted to the Office of Research via DRA Application form no later than January 20, 2020.
- The Fordham University Research Council and Research Deans’ Council will organize the DRA review committee to evaluate the application material and recent scholarly records of all eligible applicants and make recommendations for the Award.
- The Chief Research Officer and the Provost will deliver the final decision.
- The final awardees will be presented at the Fordham Inaugural Research Day on March 25, 2020.