Fordham-New York University Research Fellows
The Fordham-NYU Research Fellows Program will promote and expand institutional research collaborations between the two universities. We will select two-three Fordham faculty members (Research Fellows) to work with NYU scholars on a research project in the summer of 2018.
Faculty members are invited to submit nominations and self-nominations to the Dean of the school of their affiliation by January 19, 2018. The Deans will be asked to submit nominations for the Program to the Chief Research Officer (CRO) by February 1, 2018. Individuals who are nominated by their Dean must submit application materials by February 16, 2018 as per section IV. After a review of the submissions, the CRO and Provost will recommend Fordham faculty members to NYU's Senior Vice Provost for Research (SVPR). By March 1, 2018, SVPR, in consultation with NYU research institutes and departments, will select two to three Fordham faculty members as Research Fellows. Accepted Fellows will be required to sign a NYU standard research intellectual property agreement. The summer program will be held from May 15 to August 15, 2018, but the term can be extended if all stakeholders agree.
This program will not affect the Fordham Faculty Fellowship or other internal awards/grants; however, applicants cannot apply to both the NYU and Columbia Fellows programs at the same time.
Fordham applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time tenure-track or tenured faculty member
- Have strong research credentials that include grant activities and/or publications
- Have a plan for collaborating on research with a NYU scholar using resources provided by the NYU faculty member either independently or in conjunction with a NYU research institute
Fordham Faculty members are nominated by the Deans must submit the following application materials to Mr. David Heston via firstname.lastname@example.org by February 16, 2018:
- A one-page project summary, including objectives, project description, expected outcomes, research equipment usage, and any related expenditures,
- A two-page resume,
- A letter of support from the applicant's Department Chair or Dean at Fordham,
- A letter from a scholar at NYU agreeing to conduct collaborative research and provide needed resources, and
- A letter of support and approval from the appropriate Department Chair or research institute director at NYU.
The Fordham-NYU Research Fellow will have access to research facilities, equipment and work space within NYU as appropriate and agreed to in advance by NYU faculty and/or the research institute director. Each research facility at NYU must be staffed with technical personnel who can provide necessary training on the facilities and equipment. The collaborating NYU faculty member will provide financial support for supplies through his or her grants, contracts, or discretionary accounts.
The Office of Research at Fordham will be responsible for providing up to $5,000 in support of the Fellow's professional development and scholarly activities, such as local travel, meals, student assistant, conference, supplies, books, and software.
Fellows will be expected to produce scholarly publications, submit external grant proposals, develop interdisciplinary research collaboration, and/or deliver conference presentations. Fellows will also be required to submit a comprehensive report by October 1, 2018.