Fall Orientation Commuter Guide and Sleepover
Fall Orientation Start and End Times for Commuters
Fall New Student Orientation is a mandatory three-day program for all incoming freshmen and transfer students. In addition, there is an optional sleepover for commuter freshmen on Monday, August 26, 2019. The Fall New Student Orientation program introduces new students to the various components of the University. The Orientation team understands that commuters have to plan ahead for commuting to campus.
Day 1: Welcome to Fordham Day
On Sunday, August 25, 2019 we are providing approxmiate start and end times in order to plan your commute accordingly. Parents are welcome to join new students on Welcome to Fordham Day. Parent sessions conclude at approximately 5 p.m.
- Commuter freshmen and transfer arrival time: check-in begins at approximately 12 p.m. in the Lowenstein Plaza Level.
- Commuter freshmen departure time: the required student programming ends at approximately 8:30 p.m. The optional social programs begin at approxmiately 8:30 p.m. with Night of Welcome. It's a fun interactive game and open mic night.
- Commuter transfer departure time: the required commuter transfer programming ends at approximately 7 p.m. The optional social programs begin at approximately 8:30 p.m. with Night of Welcome.
Day 2: Student Life Day
Monday, August 26, 2019 is Student Life Day.
- Commuter freshmen arrival time: 8 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
- Commuter freshmen departure time: the required student programming ends at approximately 8:30 p.m. The NYC Excursions or the Bi-Campus event at Rose Hill begin following the conclusion of programming. Commuter freshmen are welcome to participate!
- Commuter transfer arrival time: 8 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
- Commuter transfer departure time: student programming ends at approximately 6:30 p.m. Commuter transfers are welcome to sign up for the NYC Excursions or the Bi-Campus event at Rose Hill which begins at approximately 8:30 p.m.
Day 3: Academic Life Day
Tuesday, August 27, 2019 is Academic Life Day.
- Commuter freshmen arrival time: approximately 8:30 a.m.
- Commuter freshmen departure time: the required student programming ends at approximately 5 p.m. Following the end of programming, all commuter freshmen are invited to a dinner outing off campus with their Commuter Freshmen Mentors and other commuter freshmen. This dinner outing is a lot of fun and a great way to meet new people and start friendships.
Sleepover for Commuter Freshmen
Commuter freshmen are welcome to stay overnight on campus on Monday, August 26. This allows commuting freshmen to stay for the night time social activities and still be ready for the 8:30 a.m. start time for the Academic Life sessions.
The sleepover occurs in a lounge in McMahon Hall. Students who participate will need to bring a sleeping bag or air-mattress and will have access to the bathroom and showers in our fitness center next to the lounge. Sleepover bags can be dropped off on Monday morning at 8 a.m. and will be locked in a secure location until later that evening. Please note students will not have access to their sleepover bag throughout the day.
Sign up for the Commuter Sleepover will open in July. To reserve a space, please email email@example.com. Spaces are confirmed on a first come first served basis, so please request early to secure a spot. Include your first and last name. Reservations must be requested by Monday, August 12 at 6 p.m.