2018 Annual Pastoral Counseling Conference
with Rev. Matt Crebbin
Senior Pastor, Newtown Congregational Church, Newtown, CT
Dr. Cheryl Fisher
Clinician and Adjunct Faculty in Pastoral Counseling
Friday March 2, 20189:30AM - 2:30PM Fordham at Lincoln Center E. Corrigan Conference Center (12th Floor Lounge) Admission Fee: $35.00 | FREE for Fordham students and faculty
For registration and event questions, please contact Lauren Manzino at firstname.lastname@example.org / (718) 817-4810
9:45AM Welcome: Dean's Office and Pastoral Counseling Faculty
10:00AM Rev. Matt Crebbin, Pastor, Newtown, CT
11:30AM Lunch (on your own)
12:15PM Dr. Cheryl Fisher
1:30PM Panel Discussion: Rev Crebbin, Dr. Fisher and PC Faculty
About the Annual Pastoral Counseling Conference
Each year, the GRE hosts an annual conference gathering focused on exploring issues and practices within the field of Pastoral Counseling. Past conference topics have included:
- Reflecting in the Aftermath: The Ministry of Spiritual Care for Trama Victims and Spiritual Care for the Self with a keynote address by Rabbi Stephen Roberts
- Contemplative Practice and Healing: Insights on Neuroplasticity for Spiritual Care with a keynote address by Dennis McAuliiffe, Ph.D.
- Riding the Dragon: Strengthening Your Inner Life in Challenging Times with a keynote address by Dr. Robert Wicks
- Spiritual Geographies of Domestic Violence with keynote addresses by Sally MacNichol, Ph.D. and Jill L. Snodgrass, Ph.D.
- Moral Stress and Spiritual Struggles: How can religious and spiritual resources be part of change for persons and the world with keynote by Carrie Doehring, Ph.D.
In addition to hosting these exciting conferences, the GRE has been pleased to offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from the National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC) to all of their members who have attended.