International Student Career Services
The Career Development Center provides the resources below for international students. These resources should be used in addition to—not as a replacement for—the program-specific career resources outlined for Full-Time MBA, Professional MBA, and MS students.
Before you arrive on campus
Before coming to the United States and/or before arriving on Fordham’s campus for the first time, international students should view the CDC pre-orientation webinar for international students. It covers essential topics such as:
- CDC services and staff
- How the CDC helps you achieve your desired career outcome
- Current landscape for U.S. work visas
- Introduction to the CDC’s six-step Job-Search Model
- Things you should do before you arrive
International students must attend several specialized sessions during graduate orientation. One of these is an international student career panel. Current non-U.S. students and recent alumni speak about the internship-search and job-search processes, including approaches that have worked for them.
After arrival on campus
Searching for an internship or job requires a significant investment of your time, as well as an open mind. The resources below can help you come up with ideas, find leads, and successfully negotiate your status as an international student.
Job boards for international students
- GradLeaders — A recruiting platform that connects employers with students and alumni from schools around the world. The platform's partners include AB InBev, Accenture, Bain Capital, Bank of America, Comcast, NBCUniversal, Johnson & Johnson, Kraft, Samsung, and many more. GradLeaders is accessed through students’ CareerPath homepage.
- GoinGlobal — Country-specific and U.S.-city-specific career and employment information and a database of companies’ H-1B petition statistics. Accessed through students’ CareerPath homepage.
- MBA-Exchange — Offers MBA and MS students and alumni access to thousands of relevant, high-quality job and development program listings across a range of industries and regions. Accessed through students’ CareerPath homepage.
- Careernomics — A global job-search platform specifically for students in master's programs. Includes relevant jobs, internships, and management-development programs. Accessed through students CareerPath homepage.
Beyond B-School’s U.S. Job-Search Seminar
Created by Beyond B-School for international students, this 12-webinar series focuses on the obstacles that international students might confront, offering approaches to help you surmount them. Among the topics it covers: using your personal story to create an “unfair advantage” in networking, social etiquette that will impress prospective employers; targeting employers as an international student, and interviewing advice. The online seminar includes specific examples to illustrate the advice it offers.
Fordham University Resources
Office for International Services
As an international student, you are well-served by taking advantage of the University’s Office for International Services (OIS). This office helps international students adjust to life and study in the United States. It also handles matters related to visas and status, SEVIS I-20 or DS-2019 forms, and employment and travel authorizations.
Institute of American Language and Culture
Fordham's Institute of American Language and Culture offers ESL services to prepare non-native English speakers for study in an American classroom.
Firms hiring Gabelli School international students in the United States
- Accelerated & Company
- Analytic Partners
- Bank of China
- BOC Digital
- Broadway Advance Funding
- C. Castle Group
- Castle Hill Capital Partners
- Credit Suisse
- Dish Network
- EnMaze Pictures
- Empire Square Group
- Financial Accounting Standards Board
- Findly Bernard Hodes
- First Data Corporation
- Fong, Ko & Associates
- Gartner Consulting
- Harvard Management Associates
- J&H International
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Major League Soccer
- MODCo Media
- Moody’s Analytics
- Morgan Stanley
- Neuberger Berman
- New York City Department of Education
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Sany America
- SC Associates
- Shyft Analytics
- Smart Capital International
- Société Générale
- Stephen James Associates
- Sterling Town Equity
- Sunteck Transport Group
- Targeted Social
- The Nature Conservancy
- TouchTunes Interactive Networks
- United Nations
- Walmart Global Sourcing
- Wang Insurance Agency
- Wolfe Research
- Woodlake Group
- Zenith Quest