Faculty and Staff Children Exchange (FACHEX) Program
The FACHEX Program
FACHEX is an undergraduate tuition remission program for the children of faculty or administrative staff of participating Jesuit universities. The program permits children eligible for tuition remission at their home institution (parent’s employer) to receive the same benefits at another Jesuit school.
Students must be enrolled full-time as undergraduates, and be dependents of employees who are certified by Human Resources as eligible for 100% tuition remission. Twenty-seven of the twenty-eight Jesuit schools participate in the FACHEX program. Georgetown University does not participate. Please refer to the list of participating institutions.
FACHEX for Fordham Employees (Outgoing Students)
If you are applying for a FACHEX Scholarship for your eligible dependent student, you must submit the "FACHEX Certification Form" by November 1st. The Fordham employee must be a full-time faculty member or administrator. The Office of Student Financial Services will certify the student for FACHEX eligibility with Human Resource and then electronically submit your application to the Tuition Exchange website for access to each requested university.
The applicant must submit an Early Action or Regular Admission application as required by the FACHEX-participating university. This must be done in accordance to their FACHEX admission requirements and procedures. Eligibility to participate in the FACHEX Program does not qualify a student for admission, nor does admission qualify a student for FACHEX.
The receipt of a FACHEX tuition remission depends on the FACHEX openings available at a given university when the process is completed. Student selection is based on an academic criteria set by the participating school. There is no FACHEX waiting list maintained nationally, although a university might choose to maintain a waiting list of its own. Applicants can often be selected from the university’s own waiting list on or near the May 1st date. The FACHEX applicant will be notified of the outcome by the FACHEX representative of the university to which the student applied.
There are some program restrictions (e.g., health sciences, nursing, and overseas studies are often excluded). No school is obligated to enroll more than three FACHEX students over the number it sends out; hence, at times, one or more participating universities may not have any openings. Fordham University cannot forecast when openings will occur; however, participating universities aim to inform FACHEX applicants of their status by May 15th.
FACHEX for Employees of Other Jesuit Universities (Incoming Students)
Faculty, administrators and staff should obtain their certification of eligibility for FACHEX from their home institution. The FACHEX Coordinator from your University will submit your application to the Tuition Exchange website for our review.
Your dependent student should apply to Fordham Admissions Early Action or Regular Decision. We strongly encourage you to complete the FAFSA and the CSS Profile to complete the financial aid process. It is in your best interest to file these applications so that we may provide you with an estimated financial aid package in the event you do not receive a FACHEX award.
Once admission decisions have been made, you will receive a university Acceptance Letter. Then you may receive an Award Offer Letter from the financial aid office if you have requested financial aid and completed all the necessary filing requirements.
In regards to the FACHEX award, in April we review the candidates that have been accepted by University Admissions. The receipt of a FACHEX award depends finally on the FACHEX openings available when the foregoing process is completed. Student selection is usually based on an academic criteria set by Fordham.
If we have any openings and you are selected in mid-April we will notify you via email of our decision to offer you the FACHEX award. We will then issue you an official financial aid Award Offer Letter with the FACHEX scholarship.
We do maintain a waiting list and will notify you if you are selected for the Wait List. Please let us know at that time if you are still interested in attending Fordham. Our students often receive offers from the Wait List close to or on the May 1st date. A student needs to be deposited by May 1st to accept the award.
If you receive a FACHEX award, it will supersede any other financial aid package that you are offered. The total of all Financial Aid may not exceed tuition. The annual completion of a FAFSA is required to maintain the FACHEX award. This award is offered to students for eight semesters or less, for up to four years, in an undergraduate program or completion of their Bachelor Degree whichever comes first.
The FACHEX scholarship benefits are tuition remission only, and students are expected to pay all fees, and room and board charges. The Fordham FACHEX award is portable to Fordham International Exchange Programs.
Institutions currently participating in the Faculty Children Exchange Program
1. Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 02167. Early Action Admission required. Your application should indicate the Jesuit school where the parent is employed. No certification from home school is required.
2. Canisius College, Buffalo, New York 14208
3. College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, Massachusetts 01610
4. Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska 68178
5. Fairfield University, Fairfield, Connecticut 06430
6. Fordham University, Fordham Road, Bronx, New York 10458
7. Gonzaga University, Spokane, Washington 99258
8. John Carroll University, University Heights, Ohio 44118
9. LeMoyne College, LeMoyne Heights, Syracuse, New York 13214
10. Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland 21210-2699
11. Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California 90045
12. Loyola University, New Orleans, Louisiana 70118
13. Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60611
14. Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
15. Regis College, Denver, Colorado 80221
16. Rockhurst College, Kansas City, Missouri 64110
17. Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, California 95053
“Early Action Admission Required”
18. St. Joseph's University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19131
19. St. Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri 63103
20. St. Peter's College, Jersey City, New Jersey 07306
21. Seattle University, Seattle, Washington 98122
22. Spring Hill College, Mobile, Alabama 36608
23. University of Detroit, Detroit, Michigan 48221
24. University of San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94117
25. University of Scranton, Scranton, Pennsylvania 18510
26. Wheeling College, Wheeling, West Virginia 26003
27. Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio 45207