Strategic Planning Committees
The two University-wide bodies that will advance the work of continuous planning at Fordham are the Continuous University Strategic Planning Committee (CUSP) and the President’s Advisory Council (PAC).
Continuous University Strategic Planning Committee
CUSP serves as the University's primary resource for coordinating and communicating all activities associated with the Continuous University Strategic Planning process. The primary challenge for CUSP in the next two years will be to use the results of local planning to “tune” the Framework, articulating both the specific initiatives Fordham will pursue at the University level and the collaborative efforts among the schools that it will support. In its current form, the draft Framework does not contain as many specific transformative ideas that will be necessary to chart a truly compelling future for the University. These will have to be generated through the interaction of continuous University-wide and local planning.
CUSP’s primary responsibilities are:
- Facilitating ongoing community-wide dialogue about strategic planning and University initiatives arising from it;
- Scanning the environment;
- Guiding local planning;
- Developing performance metrics;
- and Updating the University Strategic Framework.
President’s Advisory Council
Composed of the vice presidents, deans, and CUSP co-chairs, PAC encourages and strengthens executive leadership and strategic collaboration across Fordham’s schools and administrative units. PAC advises the President in setting institutional strategic priorities and allocating operating and capital resources to advance them. Its primary responsibilities include:
- Ensuring cross-unit collaboration in strategy development, alignment of local strategies with institutional priorities, and integration of institutional planning and management processes;
- Monitoring and addressing progress in achieving the University’s strategic goals and their alignment with changes in environment;
- and Making recommendations about the coordination of strategic and financial planning and about University-wide strategic initiatives.