Tickets for Diploma Ceremony
Saturday, May 18 | University Church 12:30 p.m.
The GSAS Diploma Ceremony takes place in the University Church, which unfortunately, has limited seating space. Due to an increase in graduates, starting this year GSAS will be instituting a ticket policy for our Diploma Ceremony. Each graduate will be allocated three guest tickets. We are asking all students to honor this policy in order that no families are unfairly excluded from the ceremony, and to comply with NYFD fire code.
Your guests are more than welcome to attend the University-wide Commencement ceremony, which will take place on Eddie's Parade on the morning of May 18. This is the ceremony where you are graduated by the President and it is a great moment. This event offers your friends and family the chance to celebrate your achievement with you, even if a smaller number of them are able to attend the GSAS diploma ceremony at the University Church.
Please feel free to also let your friends and family know that the University Church diploma ceremony will be livestreamed as well, so if you have loved ones who are unable to travel to campus, they can watch you graduate in real time.
Any person who is not participating in the ceremony and in regalia will be required to have a paper ticket scanned at the doors of the University Church.
Important Information about tickets:
- Three guest tickets will be available to each graduating student. One ticket per guest.
- Children under 3 years of age may be held on laps. Children who are entering under this restriction must be on laps for the entire ceremony (1.5 – 2.5 hours).
- Tickets must be claimed online. (Exact dates and detailed instructions for claiming tickets will be sent to graduating students.) *Please note that the “time” of the ceremony states 10 a.m.. This is a default setting that cannot be changed—the diploma ceremony will begin after the morning commencement ceremony.
- The deadline to register for your tickets is April 17, 11:59 p.m.. No exceptions.
- Tickets will clearly indicate the location for the ceremony and will only work at the specific location printed on the ticket.
- Graduates may sign up for a waitlist for one additional ticket in the unlikely event that extra tickets are available. Administrators will evaluate the situation after April 17 and if waitlist tickets are available will distribute them as able.
We realize the limited guest policy may cause inconvenience for some families. However, we have crafted a fair policy that allows each graduate the chance to bring a limited number of guests to this special event given the very real space constraints with which we must contend. Please email email@example.com with any questions regarding the ticket system or policy.