Ph.D. in Religious Education Admissions Information/Requirements
Although the Ph.D. admissions committee invites those with a background from a variety of fields of study and work experience, applicants who are most successful in earning a place to study in our Ph.D. in religious education program have
- earned an M.A. in religious education, practical theology, pastoral ministry, religious studies, or equivalent;
- earned a 3.5 GPA (graduate program);
- experience working in the field of religious education as a teacher, catechetical leader, youth minister, pastor, pastoral associate, diocesan leader, curriculum developer, etc.;
- a potential for making a strong contribution to the field of religious education as teaching scholars;
- a clear career path moving forward after graduation;
- strong writing and research capabilities.
If you would like more information as to whether or not this program is a good fit for you and your career/ministerial goals, contact us any time to set-up a meeting with one of our religious education faculty members.
All who apply to the Ph.D. in Religious Education program must submit the following:
- Online application
- Personal statement
- Current resume/CV
- Three letters of recommendation
- All academic transcripts
- A 15-30 page writing sample
- International transcript evaluation (for international students only)
- TOEFL exam score (for international students only)
- GRE score (preferred) or MAT score
In addition to the above, applicants to this program may also be contacted for a phone or in-person interview.