M.A. in Religious Education
This program is offered online or on campus.
Designed for religious educators and teachers in a variety of settings, the M.A. in religious education program provides you with a strong foundation in both pedagogy and core theological disciplines. You’ll develop the knowledge and skills to guide others at every stage of life and to fulfill your role at parishes, dioceses, schools, nonprofit organizations, and more. This program is also ideal for those seeking personal enrichment through the study of religious education.
- Offered with either a youth and young adult ministry concentration, or generalist concentration.
- Both concentrations can be completed on campus or a combination of on campus and online.
- Teach and learn with our renowned faculty and international students from more than twenty countries.
- Take courses at the member schools of the New York Theological Consortium.
- The curriculum requires satisfactory completion of 12 courses (36 semester credits).
- Both degree concentrations include a major paper.
- You may pursue the program either as a full-time or part-time student.
- Director or coordinator of religious education, faith formation, RCIA, or youth and young adult ministry
- Parish volunteer coordinator
- Ministry outreach coordinator
- Pastoral associate
- Teacher at a Catholic or Christian elementary or secondary school
- Administrator at a faith-based organization or religious congregation
- Campus minister at a religious or secular university
- Writer, editor, or publisher