The University events calendar is the comprehensive landing page for your event. To ensure a successful event, make sure to submit a detailed listing to the calendar as early as possible.
All events are reviewed and subject to edit in order to match University style guidelines. Please allow three business days for your event to be added to the calendar.
If you have questions about your submission or need to make changes, please email email@example.com.
Calendar Submission Guidelines
The event title will appear at the top of your event listing as well as on the calendar list and any event feeds on the website. Please make the title descriptive but short.
Tell us a bit about the event. This will be the main body of your event listing and can optionally include an event schedule and speaker information.
Do not include the time and location (unless there is a broken-down schedule), as you’ll be filling that in later.
Event Time and Date
Please include the start and end date and time. If the event has multiple occurances, use the first date and then click “Schedule Multiple Events” to add the other dates.
Image size should be 1078x516px. Please do not include flyers, vertical images, PDFs, or images with text. These will not be included in the published event.
Please select at least one category from the drop-down list:
- Arts at Fordham: Musical recitals, performances, and gallery exhibitions
- Athletics: Fordham University athletic games and team events
- Conferences and Symposiums: Collective of events as part of a larger conference
- Cultural: Broadway, museums, walking tours, etc.
- Lectures: Upcoming lectures, such as Mary Higgins Clark, McGinley, book signings, and presentations
- Networking and Career: Career-building events, networking opportunities, and mentoring programs
- Receptions: Hosted events and receptions
- Reunions: Class, school, and affinity chapter reunions
- Social: Social events and gatherings, such as local sporting events, holiday parties, and happy hours
- Spiritual and Religious: Retreats, Masses, or lectures of a spiritual/religious nature
- Volunteer: Opportunities to volunteer or give back
- Travel: University-organized travel opportunities
- Wellness: Events focused on bettering mental and physical health, such as nutrition and yoga
Tags help broadcast your event to different parts of the University website through RSS feeds. Your tags will also be listed at the bottom of the event listing.
Choose the audiences that can attend this event. If you select “The Public,” all audiences will be selected.
If the event is invitation-only or private, it should not be submitted to the University calendar.
Please search for your venue before creating a new one. If you are adding a new location, please include the room and campus in the first field and use the mailing address of the campus in the address fields. Venues should not include any special characters (such as pipe bars) or URLs.
Please search for your organizer before creating a new one. This information will be listed with the event, so only include contact information that can be shared publicly.
- Event Website: Only include a website if it includes more information about this event.
- Redirect to Event Website: Checking this box means that when a user clicks the link to this event they will be taken directly to the event website provided. If you check this box, you still need to fill out the full event listing for search engines and calendar feeds.
- Registration Link: Use this box to create a register button on your event listing.
- Attendee List Link: Use this box if you have a link to view registered attendees.