M.S. in Humanitarian Studies Learning Goals
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Humanitarian Studies, you will:
- conduct independent research, using appropriate methodologies, on a current challenge or thematic concentration within humanitarian response;
- analyze how common understandings of your chosen concentration inform the delivery and effectiveness of humanitarian assistance;
- collaborate with and learn from an extensive network of humanitarian professionals;
- demonstrate a deep comprehension of the skillsets and competencies necessary for early career positions in the humanitarian sector, including logistics, monitoring and evaluation, advocacy, development, and finance, and project management;
- obtain mastery of ethical principles and legal frameworks for humanitarian settings; and
- fulfill a growing demand for early career humanitarian professionals who possess an in-depth knowledge of a specific area of humanitarian response.