Salary Budget Changes
Human Resources processes salary budget changes as soon as possible so the system can read and report on the most accurate information. In some cases, a redistribution is necessary, although this is considered a last resort.
Budget Change/Redistribution Process
The salary budget change process begins with the requestor and should proceed as follows:
- Requestor completes a Payroll Labor Change and Redistribution Form.
- If the requestor is not the Budget Administrator, the Budget Administrator signs off on the form. If there is a second Budget Administrator for the debited or credited account, this person must sign off as well.
- If any budget falls under the Office of the Provost, the form must be approved by that Office.
- Approved forms must be sent to HRIS, FMH Room 506 or faxed to 718-817-0779 for review and processing.
- HRIS forwards any forms requesting a redistribution to Accounting for processing.
If you have any questions about salary budget changes, please call the appropriate contact below.
General Budget Questions (Grant-related)
General Budget Questions (Not Grant-related)
Director of Budget Operations
Academic Budget Questions
Administrative Assistant (Provost)
Budget Change Processing Questions