Theology Graduate Student Association
Fordham University’s Theology Graduate Student Association (TGSA) works to identify and address the needs and interests of graduate students in the theology department by providing a formal structure which pools together our voices, skills, knowledge, and resources.
Since its formal inception in 2009, the TGSA has taken on a number of functions on behalf of the master’s and doctoral students in Fordham's theology programs.
- We advocate for students concerns regarding funding, benefits, or academic matters--both within the department and the University at large.
- We organize social events that build the camaraderie of the department, both among the graduate students and with the faculty.
- We host departmental and regional colloquia to provide opportunities for students to present their research and become conversant with the research of others.
- We organize an annual graduate student conference open to students nationwide.
- We assemble professional development workshops to encourage and enable students to publish, present at conferences, and find employment.
- We gather our collective wisdom and resources, enabling one another to confidently teach undergraduates and develop a unique and effective pedagogy.
- And we continue to seek new ways to use our collective strengths for mutual benefit as we work to find our places within theological scholarship.