The Gabelli School of Business prepares students to thrive in a diverse business climate by providing opportunities to help them understand the social and business needs for diversity, exhibit empathy toward people who are different from themselves, and excel in cross-cultural communication.
Before students start their first semester, they are offered the chance to work on community service projects and explore the culturally diverse neighborhoods of New York through Fordham’s Urban Plunge program.
As part of the freshman advising program, all first-year students participate in a business diversity learning session led by Patricia David, BS ’81, global head of diversity at JPMorgan Chase.
Throughout the remainder of their time at the Gabelli School, students can take courses that integrate topics of diversity and inclusion such as the sophomore-year Principles of Management course, join organizations for students in underrepresented groups, and attend events celebrating diversity in the business world.
- Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting
- Fordham Black and Hispanic MBA Association
- Fordham Chinese Business Society
- Fordham Veterans Association
- Fordham Women in Business
- Gabelli Pride
- International Business Association
- National Association of Asian MBAs
- Smart Woman Securities