Incoming Freshman Financial Aid Application Process:
By November 1, 2019 Deadline.
- Submit the CSS Profile online. (School Code 2259)
- Input 2018 tax data. Estimates of 2019 and 2020 income information will also be required. The CSS Profile will convert your currency into U.S. Dollars if necessary.
- If your parents are divorced, separated, or were never married and they are not living together:
- Fordham University requires each biological parent to complete a CSS Profile. As you complete your profile, you can instruct the College Board to provide your noncustodial parent with instructions on how to complete a separate CSS Profile. A noncustodial parent is typically the parent the student lived with the least during the past year.
- Claim your account at my.fordham.edu to monitor the status of your financial aid application..
- Visit "Getting Online: Your AccessIT ID".
- When claiming your AccessIT ID, use the last five-digits of your Fordham ID (FIDN) in lieu of a social security number.
- Contact Fordham's Help Desk at 718-817-3999 if assistance is needed in claiming your account.
By November 20, 2019 and Continuously Thereafter
- Log onto Financial Aid Online to:
- Review letters and emails from Student Financial Services requesting additional information.
- Submit all requested information by November 30 via secure upload.
- View any additional requests and check the status of documents submitted after claiming your account.
What to Expect as an Early Decision Applicant
- Early Decision is a binding application plan. Early Decision applicants make a commitment to a first-choice institution where, if admitted, they will definitely enroll. This means students must enroll if admitted and withdraw any other pending applications.
- Admitted applicants who complete the financial aid process by November 30 will receive notification of their financial aid awards by December 19.
- The Early Decision deposit deadline is January 15, 2020.
- Applicants who do not complete the process for an early award by November 30 can still file the CSS Profile by January 1 for review during the regular financial aid process.
The Final Steps of Completing the Financial Aid Process:
- Once you submit your admission deposit, log onto Financial Aid Online to view and accept your awards online
Eligibility for institutional aid is determined by estimated family contribution, enrollment status, academic performance and availability of funds.