1098-T Form (Federal)
The generation of the 1098-T Tuition Statement for Fordham University are administered by Educational Computer Systems, Inc (ECSI). ECSI mails and electronically presents your 1098-T.
**By January 31 all eligible students receive a 1098-T tax statement.**
Retrieving an electronic copy of your 1098-T
In order to retrieve your 1098-T electronically you will need to log into my.fordham.edu
- Select My E-Bill Suite
- In the Statements section, you will see your 1098-T, select View
- In the 1098-T Tax Statement section, on the far right select the icon under Action, then select View
- You will be redirected to the ECSI website
- Here you can select which tax year you wish to view, then select View
You can also view your 1098-T on the ECSI website. In order to view your 1098-T you will need to provide your:
- First and Last Name
- Social Security Number
- Zip Code that appears on your 1098-T
Understanding your 1098-T
The Tax Relief Act of 1997 created two education tax credits for students, the American Opportunity Credit and the Lifetime Learning Tax Credit.
Who gets the 1098-T?
Fordham University provides the 1098-T student with reportable charges who were matriculated and pursuing a degree between January 1 and December 31st of the reporting tax year.
Exceptions: Please note Fordham University is not required to provide 1098-T's to non-matriculated or non-resident alien students. If a student is in one of these two categories Fordham University can generate a 1098-T by student request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a 1098-T to be generated for you if you fall into one of the two categories listed.
Updating Your TIN
There are two ways to update your TIN:
- The preferred option is to provide Enrollment Services a written request to correct the Social Security Number (SSN) currently in our records. You must present a photo ID bearing the same legal name as your social security card.
If you cannot present original documents, Enrollment Services will accept notarized copies of the original documents.
Acceptable photo/legal documents that must accompany a Social Security Number change request are: Passport, Driver's License, or Court Order.
- The alternative option is to complete a W-9S Form. This form provides the means for documenting your taxpayer identification number. If you elect to use this form complete and sign the form and return it to Fordham University's Office of Enrollment Services, this form may be mailed or brought in person.
1098-T FAQs (put for 1098 in search box and click Submit):
See information on Claiming Your Education Tax Credit.
DO NOT SEND THE W-9S TO THE IRS.