Gabelli Leadership™ Certification
It is no longer enough to be able to perform the functions of your job; you must also know how to take initiative, persuade diverse stakeholders, and inspire others to take action, regardless of your position.
- Donna Rapaccioli, Dean of Gabelli School of Business
Leadership is everyone’s business. According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (2018), leadership is the number one skill that recruiters want in new employees. Similarly, a 2018 LinkedIn survey found that most employers prioritized leadership skills over technical skills when hiring new talent.
This certification will give you a competitive edge by enhancing your personal leadership skills, improving your ability to influence your stakeholders, sharpening your problem solving skills, and motivating others to take swift action to achieve your organization’s goals.
We have field-tested this program with senior executives from a collection of prestigious Fortune 500 companies and have received enthusiastic feedback about the practical value of the program and the degree of engagement participants felt.
Upon successfully completing the following requirements of this program, you will receive an official Gabelli Leadership Certification and be recognized at the school’s annual Graduate Diploma Ceremony.
During this hands-on laboratory, you will identify your unique leadership style and discover how it can give you a competitive edge.
How You Will Benefit:
- Discover how to maximize your leadership potential, even if you do not have a formal leadership title.
- Uncover hidden techniques for influencing and persuading a diverse range of stakeholders - up, down, and sideways in any organization.
- Practice advantageous strategies for communicating assertively, boldly and confidently.
- Gain valuable, personalized feedback about your communication strengths and improvement opportunities.
During this in-depth one-hour session, you will meet with a certified leadership coach to target your strengths and craft practical, ready-to-implement strategies that will help you enhance your effectiveness as a leader during your academic and professional careers.
How You Will Benefit:
- Reflect critically on your personal leadership journey, including your past successes and your biggest recurring obstacles.
- Receive candid and deeply individualized coaching feedback for improving your impact and influence as a leader.
- Discover how you can transform your ideal career aspirations into a concrete reality.
- Walk away with a unique and personalized leadership action plan that you can put into practice immediately to improve your leadership competence.
This intense experiential workshop will give you the opportunity to put into practice what you’ve learned in this certification program. During this simulation, you will demonstrate how you perform as a leader in a realistic high-pressure business environment. A certified leadership coach will observe your performance and give you actionable feedback for improving your future success.
How You Will Benefit:
- Walk away with practical strategies that you can use to improve how you collaborate with others and unleash a team’s collective creativity.
- Practice invaluable strategies that will increase your ability to give candid and specific performance-focused feedback that motivates others and helps them achieve their goals.
- Discover ways to truly listen to others’ difficult feedback about you, without becoming defensive.
- Implement techniques for rallying others around a shared vision, securing their commitment, and maximizing teamwork
- Master skills that can help you celebrate others’ big and small wins and inspire them to be even bolder in the future.
The connections you make today will have a long and lasting impact on your career path in the future. Throughout the academic year, we will host various networking events where you will have the opportunity to build valuable relationships with successful Fordham alumni and other influential leaders in your target industry.
Some of our successful alums include:
- Ellen Alemany, CEO & Chairwoman of CIT Group
- Victor Blake, CEO of Escape the Room NYC
- Mary Ann C. Bartels, Managing Director & CIO of Portfolio Solutions for Merrill Lynch International
- Cheryl Callan, EVP/CMO of New York & Company
- Andrew Cuomo, 56th Governor of New York
- Mario Gabelli, Founder & CEO of GAMCO Investors
- Stephen J. Hemsley, CEO of UnitedHealth Group
- Fran Horowitz, President & CEO of Abercrombie & Fitch
- Eileen Howard Boone, Senior VP of Corporate Social Responsibility & Philanthropy of CVS Health
- Jack Keane, Co-Founder & Senior Managing Director of Keane Advisors (Former Vice Chief of Staff for the US Army)
- Maria Elena Lagomasino, Former CEO of JP Morgan & Board of Directors of Coca-Cola
- Lorenzo Mendoza, CEO of Empresas Polar