Supervision for Success Workshop
Workshop Available Dates
Wednesday, November 13, 2019, at RH, 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. in Walsh Library Room 041
Thursday, November 14, 2019, at LC, 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. in Lowenstein South Lounge
Workshops are first-come, first-serve for the first 30 people
Who Should Attend
Recently promoted Supervisors who may lack formal education in management or who have never supervised others. Also, current supervisors who want to update their skills and capabilities with modern supervisory methods and insights.
The role of the Supervisor is critical to the success of the organization, its people and ultimately its customers. Who else is asked to translate the strategy of the organization to the minds, hands, and feet of the workers on the front line who deliver products and services to the customer? While sounding quite important and perhaps daunting, the realities a supervisor meets day-to-day are even more challenging-balancing the demands of employees and management, aligning performance while motivating staff, prioritizing the urgent and important, preventing and putting out fires, etc. Supervision for Success takes a practical and actionable approach to provide the answers to not only address these challenges, but to conquer the challenges. Navigating changing roles, expectations and performance demands are addressed in the context of the personal, interpersonal and organizational dynamics that Supervisors live day-to-day.
Participants Will Learn How To:
- Work out roles, responsibilities and challenges of being a Supervisor
- Avoid the pitfalls and common mistakes of new Supervisors
- Develop a personal skills tool kit that will accelerate success and impact
- Identify organizational realities and adapt approach's to problem solving, communication, decision making and resource allocation
- Identify personal supervisory style and strengths
- Resolve communication barriers and problems with the keys to successful communication
- Improve influence of/with others