IT Resources Relocation Policy
The purpose of this policy is to restrict unauthorized IT Resources relocation.
This IT policy, and all policies referenced herein, shall apply to all members of the University community including faculty, students, administrative officials, staff, alumni, authorized guests, delegates, and independent contractors (the “User(s)” or “you”) who use, access, or otherwise employ, locally or remotely, the University’s IT Resources, whether individually controlled, shared, stand-alone, or networked.
- You must not relocate (i.e., remove, move, unplug, alter) IT Resources from their original and intended locations.
- Contact IT Customer Care when it is necessary to move an IT Resources from its original and intended location.
- If the resource is non-Fordham IT managed, inventory must be accurate, up-to-date, and made accessible.
- This policy pertains to all applicable IT Resources, and other devices including, but not limited to:
- Desktop computers,
- Printers, or
- Video conferencing units.
IT Resources include computing, networking, communications, application, and telecommunications systems, infrastructure, hardware, software, data, databases, personnel, procedures, physical facilities, cloud-based vendors, Software as a Service (SaaS) vendors, and any related materials and services.
Related Policies and Procedures
|Responsible Person:||Director, IT Security|
|Approval Date:||October 29, 2019|
Policy Disclaimer Statement
Deviations from policies, procedures, or guidelines published and approved by the University Information Security Office (UISO) may only be done cooperatively between the UISO and the requesting entity with sufficient time to allow for appropriate risk analysis, documentation, and possible presentation to authorized University representatives. Willful failure to adhere to UISO written policies may be met with University sanctions.