Parker Dewey Micro-Internships Program for Alumni and Employers
GSAS Futures wants to support our graduate students amidst the difficult circumstances presented by COVID-19. In this effort we would like to encourage our alumni and professional partners to consider posting short-term, professional, paid work experiences (i.e. micro-internships) on our Fordham micro-internship program portal. We see the opportunity for rich engagement between our graduate students and professional partners in the virtual working space - and we want you to be a part of it!
What are the benefits of a micro-internship?
Micro-internships are short-term, paid, professional assignments that are similar to those given to new hires or interns. In addition to giving our students the opportunity to demonstrate their advanced training and skills in a professional workplace, micro-internships present a variety of benefits for our professional partners:
- Support immediate resource needs
- Access diverse candidates
- Leverage the skills of college students and recent grads
- Improve hiring outcomes
- Decrease onboarding and training costs
- Increase flexibility
Why offer a graduate student (master’s or doctoral) a micro-internship with your company or organization?
- Graduate students are enrolled in rigorous degree programs - they are highly motivated and learning-oriented self-starters.
- Many graduate students are enrolled in degree programs that offer the highest quality training. Graduate students applying for micro-internships may be seeking to bridge their classroom training with professional development. In new professional roles, their learning curves are often quite short, and they typically bring well-developed skills in their area of study into the roles they take up.
- Graduate students at Fordham-GSAS take seriously the university’s mission to cultivate “men and women for others.” They are often thoughtful, collaborative and ethically engaged.
To post a project on the Parker Dewey micro-internship portal, please visit Micro-internships for Employers.