Clinical Associate Professor
Email: [email protected]
Office: 9-102, 150 West 62nd Street, Ninth Floor
Bernice Grant is a Clinical Associate Professor of Law and the Founding Director of the Entrepreneurial Law Clinic. She teaches students how to provide transactional legal services, using an integrated law and business perspective informed by her background as a corporate attorney and certified public accountant.
She has published articles in the Hastings Law Journal and the Journal of Affordable Housing and Community Development Law. She also created the Startup LAWnchpad Podcast, which educates entrepreneurs about legal issues affecting startup ventures.
Before joining Fordham, she was a Clinical Supervisor and Lecturer in the Entrepreneurship Legal Clinic at the University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School, and an Acting Assistant Professor and Associate Director of the Lawyering Program at New York University School of Law. She began her legal career as a Corporate Associate at Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP, where she advised clients on a wide range of complex corporate transactions and executive compensation matters for seven years. She also maintained a pro bono practice, advising entrepreneurs and artists on legal issues.
- Symposium, Democratizing Entrepreneurship: Online Documents, Tools, and Startup Know-How, J. Affordable Housing & Commun. Dev. L. (Fall 2017) (with Praveen Kosuri and Jeff Thomas).
- Independent Yet Captured: Compensation Committee Independence After Dodd-Frank, 65 Hastings L.J. 761 (2014).
- LLM, New York University School of Law, 2011
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2003
- MS, Wake Forest University, 1997
- BS, magna cum laude, Wake Forest University, 1996