C. Notification of Rights at the Time of First Disclosure
At the first instance of disclosure by a reporting individual to an institution representative, the following information shall be presented to student-complainants:
Fordham University students have the right to make a report to the Department of Public Safety, local law enforcement, and/or state police, or choose not to report; to report the incident to the University; to be protected by the University from retaliation for reporting an incident; and to receive assistance and resources from the University.
This information is also printed on the inside cover of the main University publication for students related to sexual and related misconduct, the Campus Assault and Relationship Education (CARE) brochure.
Pages in Reporting
- A. Submitting Reports
- B. Student Alcohol and Drug-Use Amnesty Policy When Reporting Sexual and Related Misconduct
- C. Notification of Rights at the Time of First Disclosure
- D. Speaking with Confidential Resources - Community Members Who do Not Have a Duty to Report
- E. Mandatory Reporting: The University’s Reporting Requirement for Faculty Members, Staff Members, and Administrators
- F. Good Faith Reporting
- G. False or Malicious Reporting