Entry Testing and Quarantine Requirements
As a reminder, all students returning to University housing, in person instruction, and/or access to campus for the spring semester will be REQUIRED to be tested with a FDA EUA authorized PCR saliva or nasal swab test on a monthly basis. You will NOT be allowed to enter campus or move into your residence hall without providing the negative test results in advance or bringing a copy of them with you. Unlike the process in the fall, you cannot be tested on the same day you plan to enter campus or move into University housing.
On March 11, 2021, NY State announced that domestic travelers will no longer be required to quarantine after entering New York from another U.S. State or U.S. Territory starting April 1st. Mandatory quarantine remains in effect for international travelers.
Please read the details that apply based upon where you live or will be in the 14 days prior to returning to campus; this flowchart might be a helpful visual aid:
I will be in New York or in a state contiguous to New York (Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania or Vermont):
- You must have negative test results of a FDA EUA authorized PCR saliva or nasal swab test administered within seven days prior to your arrival at Fordham.
- If convenient, you can be tested on campus and then return home to await your results.
- If tested off campus, you must upload a copy of the negative test results using the Fordham Student Health Portal, which is found on my.fordham.edu under the My Apps tab.
- You must have another COVID test administered after your arrival at Fordham by no later than Friday, February 12.
I will be in a state that is NOT contiguous to New York (including if outside of the United States):
Per New York state guidelines, all travelers are encouraged to quarantine for 10 days upon arrival in New York or a contiguous state, but you can now “test-out” of quarantine by taking the following steps:
- You must have negative test results of a FDA EUA authorized PCR saliva or nasal swab test administered within three days prior to your departure;
- Quarantine for three days upon arrival in New York or a contiguous state (quarantine cannot be done in University housing);
- On day 4, obtain another COVID test either on or off campus;
- If the pre-departure test AND this second test come back negative, you may exit quarantine upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test;
- In order to access campus, you must upload both test results.
As an example, if you are scheduled to move in to University housing on Sunday, January 31, you need to arrive in NY no later than Sunday, January 24, quarantine January 25-27, test on Thursday, January 28 to allow for 2 days to receive the results and upload them by Saturday, January 30.
Contacts for Q&A testing/results/VitalCheck
All questions relating to the testing process can be made to John Carroll in Public Safety.
VP Marco Valera is the University Covid-19 Coordinator and is responsible for defining the testing protocols/requirements for employees.
For employees who did not get their results, email email@example.com. You can also speak with the VitalCheck registration employee at the testing site.
If you are an employee with questions about the daily questionnaire process with VitalCheck, please email HRVitalCheck@fordham.edu.