RISE – Resilient, Inspired, Strategic, Empowered
ONLINE Friday mornings, September 24 – November 19, 2021
8:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. (New York Time) – Presentations
9:15 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. (New York Time) – Breakout and Networking Sessions (optional)
Program Fee: $1,000 per person / $750 discount options available
This program will be presented live on the dates listed and will not be recorded.
Register and pay now
This weekly online program will empower women lawyers to fulfill their leadership potential, learn important leadership skills and strategies, and advance their careers and the profession as a whole. The program will also provide men with important insights and tools to understand and develop their role as allies. They will join a network of professionals committed to advancing women’s leadership in law and move the profession forward inclusively.
Who Should Attend
This program is open to all.
- Keynote Address: President, American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU); Professor of Clinical Law, NYU School of Law; Co-Faculty Director, Center on Race, Inequality, and the Law
- Giving and Receiving—Role Models, Mentors, and Sponsors
- Leadership Skills and Strategies, and Your Professional Persona
- Family, Flexibility, and Flight—Keeping Women Lawyers in the Profession
- The Importance of Male Allies
- Women in the House—Corporate Counsel Speak
- Promoting Diversity
- Take Care and Be Well—Well-being Strategies for High Achievers
View the program flyer and schedule
- Ida O. Abbott, President, Ida Abbott Consulting LLC
- Deborah N. Archer, President, American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU); Professor of Clinical Law, NYU School of Law; Co-Faculty Director, Center on Race, Inequality, and the Law
- Jennifer J. Barrett, Co-Managing Partner, New York Office, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Hilarie Bass, Founder, Bass Institute for Diversity and Inclusion
- Camille C. Bent, Partner, BakerHostetler
- Anne M. Brafford, Owner, Aspire; Vice President, Institute for Well-Being in Law
- Sheila S. Boston, Partner, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP; President, New York City Bar Association
- Gillian Groarke Burns '06, Special Counsel, Associate General Counsel, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Catherine J. Dargan, Partner and Member, Management Committee, Covington & Burling LLP
- Maria-Leticia Ossa Daza LL.M. '09, Partner, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Rangita de Silva de Alwis, Associate Dean of International Affairs, University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School
- Matthew Diller, Dean and Paul Fuller Professor of Law, Fordham Law School
- Deneen L. Donnley '92, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Consolidated Edison Company of New York
- Palmina M. Fava '97, Partner, Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Louise Firestone '85, Senior Vice President for Legal Affairs and General Counsel, LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton Inc.
- Stuart K. Fleischmann, Partner, Shearman & Sterling
- Toni Jaeger-Fine, Assistant Dean, Fordham Law School
- W. Brad Johnson, Professor, Department of Leadership, Ethics, and Law, United States Naval Academy; Faculty Associate, Graduate School of Education, Johns Hopkins University
- Arian M. June, Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Mei Lin Kwan-Gett, Deputy General Counsel and Global Head of Litigation and Regulatory Investigations, Citigroup
- Michele Coleman Mayes, Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary, The New York Public Library
- Erin Marie Meyer, Pro Bono Counsel, Proskauer Rose LLP
- Rosevelie Márquez Morales '02, Diversity & Inclusion Director—Americas, Hogan Lovells
- Francesca L. Odell, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Lucy Onyeforo LL.M. '17, Associate and Member, New York Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Jen Overall, Principal and Personal Coach, Wise Crossings
- Louise M. Parent, Of Counsel, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Valerie E. Radwaner, Deputy Chair, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Stacey J. Rappaport '96, Partner and Former Member, Global Executive Committee, Milbank LLP
- Dr. Scott Rigby, Founder and CEO, Immersyve, Inc.
- Hon. Stephen C. Robinson, Partner (Ret.), Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Affiliates
- Nishat Ruiter, General Counsel, TED Conferences
- Karen Patton Seymour, Partner and Member, Management Committee, Sullivan & Cromwell, LLP
- David G. Smith, Associate Professor, Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School
- Audrey Strauss, United States Attorney, Southern District of New York, U.S. Department of Justice
- Mary Jo White, Partner and Senior Chair, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, Former Chair, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Former United States Attorney, Southern District of New York, U.S. Department of Justice
- Jennifer H. Wu, Partner, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
View speaker bios
Materials for each panel session will be circulated prior to the start of the program.
CLE Credit/Certificate of Participation
Continuing legal education credit for the program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State and New Jersey State CLE Boards for a maximum of 10.5 credits. New York credits are non-transitional in the following areas (subject to change): 6 Professional Practice, 2.5 Diversity, Inclusion, and Elimination of Bias, 1.5 Law Practice Management, and .5 Skills. New Jersey credits are professional practice credits. Out-of-state attendees will have to apply to their states’ CLE Board for credit.
Participants who are not seeking credit, but meet the attendance requirements will receive an electronic certificate of participation.
Register and pay now
Please pay via Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
$750 per participant if 5 or more registrants from the same firm/company (please indicite your affiliation in the notes column when paying)
$750 per participant if graduate of Fordham Law School (please indicate your year of graduation and program in the notes column when paying)
$750 per participant if in the public interest field, government position, or university faculty or staff (please indicate your affiliation in the notes column when paying)