The performance appraisal process assists both supervisors and employees with achieving success in setting and reaching collective and individual goals. Below are several resources to guide you through the Performance Appraisal process.
You may also use these University resources as references.
- Fordham University Mission Statement
- Characteristics of a Catholic and Jesuit University
- Fordham University's Vision and Strategic Plan
Resources for Writing a Self Appraisal
- Self-Eval Examples and Tips – Indeed Article, 8 min read
- What to Say/Not Say in Your Self-Eval – Forbes Article, 4 min read
- Tips for Writing a Strong Self-Eval – HBR Article, 6 min
- Examples of Strong Self-Evals – Lattice Article, 13 min read
Resources for Having a Performance Conversation with Your Supervisor
- How to Receive Constructive Feedback – Linkedin Learning Course, 3 min
- How to Respond to Feedback – TedTalk, 4 min read
- Preparing for a Review to Reduce Anxiety – Bernard Marr Article, 3 min read
- Keeping Cool in a Performance Review – HBR Article, 4 min read
- Handling Performance Review Anxiety – Indeed Article, 5 min read
Watch a recording of our Workshop for Supervisors.
Resources for Writing an Appraisal
- Tips for Writing a Performance Review – Business News Daily Article, 13 min read
- Writing Performance Impact Statements – Indeed Article, 10 min read
Resources for Delivering a Performance Conversation
- How to Effectively Deliver Criticism – Linkedin Learning Course, 13 min
- Delivering Feedback Using SBIR – Linkedin Article, 5 min read
- Delivering Feedback Effectively – SHRM Article, 7 min read
- Coaching Skills for Leaders and Managers – Linkedin Learning Course, 34 min
- Manager as Coach – HBR Article/Audio, 33 min listen
If you have any questions about the Performance Appraisal process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.