Real Estate Institute Non-Matriculated Study
The School of Professional and Continuing Studies (PCS) Real Estate Institute (REI) welcomes industry professionals, prospective students and applicants for future terms to take Master's level classes as non-matriculated students. Non-matriculated students are permitted to take graduate classes without the commitment of submitting a full application or completing the degree.
Students choose Non-Matriculated Study for a variety of reasons:
- Start coursework immediately
- Explore real estate and construction management as a professional fit
- Build confidence in academic ability
- Strengthen candidacy for admission by demonstrating academic success at Fordham
Application and Registration
To enroll as a non-matriculated student, you will need to complete an abbreviated, online application, select non-matriculated student type and provide the following:
- Official transcript from a regionally accredited college or university which should indicate the conferral of a Bachelor’s degree
- Application fee
The GMAT/GRE is not required for non-matriculated applicants and will be waived for those who would like to matriculate and have successfully completed six credits with a minimum grade of B in each course.
The non-matriculated status is available only to U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents. U.S. Government regulations prevent us from enrolling international students on a non-matriculated status. International students should apply using our standard application.
Non-Matriculated Student Status, Credit Limit, and Course Limitations
- Non-matriculated students may take courses during Fall, Spring, and Summer terms.
- Non-matriculated students may take a maximum of 6 credits.
- The REI program office approves and registers non-matriculated students in REI courses.
- Non-matriculated students who are subsequently accepted into the MSRE degree or graduate certificate programs may apply the courses they successfully completed as a non-matriculated student towards the MSRE or graduate certificate. A minimum grade of B in these courses is required.
- Non-matriculated students who wish to drop or add a course must contact the program office at [email protected] or 212-636-7626 and follow the PCS calendar for deadline dates and the tuition refund policy.
- Applicants who are already accepted to another Fordham academic program, must take an official leave of absence from or withdraw from the program prior to seeking non-matriculated status at the Real Estate Institute.
- Applicants who have been denied admission to the MSRE are not eligible to enroll as non-matriculated students.
- Enrollment as a non-matriculated student does not imply acceptance or eligibility to any degree program in the School of Professional and Continuing Studies. Those who would like to matriculate must complete the standard application.
- Non-matriculated students are not eligible to take independent studies, tutorials, internships, or courses reserved for a cohort group.
Tuition and Fees
Non-matriculated students pay the standard tuition rate plus the following additional fees:
- University General Fee: $81 per term, Fall and Spring only
- Technology Access Fee: $206 per term, Fall and Spring only
Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Non-matriculated students are not eligible for PCS scholarships.
- Non-matriculated students are not eligible for federal financial aid.
Financial Responsibility Agreement
- Beginning with 2017 summer registration, all students who register for new coursework will be required to electronically sign (e-sign) a Financial Responsibility Agreement (FRA). Colleges and universities increasingly use such agreements to make sure students understand their financial obligation to the institution.
- A Financial Responsibility Agreement is a disclosure agreement between you and Fordham University that states that you agree to pay all charges that result from your registration and services you receive from the university. You will be asked to acknowledge that you understand that you are responsible to pay for all charges associated with your attendance and where applicable, residence costs at the university.
- If you refuse to sign the form, your enrollment will be subject to cancellation since you are not agreeing to pay the charges for which you incur as a result of the services you receive at Fordham.
- For more information, please visit the Financial Responsibility Agreement website
Learn about the PCS Real Estate Institute’s refund policies and procedures are available, which are based on 100% payment of all institutional charges and deposits.