Office of Disability Services: Eligibility

Documentation Guidelines

In order to receive accommodations for a disability in class or for a graduate assistantship or internship for credit, you must first meet with a staff member at ODS for your initial intake meeting, at which you should bring any documentation you have of your disability.

  • Documentation that is needed may vary based on the nature of the disability.

  • Rose Hill and Westchester students should submit their documentation to the Rose Hill office, located in the basement of O’Hare Hall, by mail, email:, or via fax: 718-817-0888.

  • Lincoln Center students should submit their documentation to the Lincoln Center campus, located in 113 West 60th St. Lowenstein 408 New York, NY 10023 and by mail, email:, or via fax: 718-817-0888

Mailing Addresses

Rose Hill and Westchester:
O’Hare Hall, Lower Level Office of Disability Services
441 E. Fordham Road
Bronx, NY 10458

Lincoln Center
Office of Disability Services
113 West 60th St. Lowenstein 408
New York, NY 10023

If you have further questions about documentation, please contact Mary Byrnes, director, Office of Disability Services, at 718-817-0655 or


Students requesting accommodation must provide the University, in a timely manner, with current verification of the disability.

The verification must:

  • Be in written form acceptable to the appropriate officials at Fordham University who will evaluate the documentation according to specific criteria, depending on the type of disability.
  • Be prepared by a licensed health-care provider or other professional qualified to diagnose the disability.
  • Must be supplemented if it is determined by Fordham University that the information in the initial documentation is incomplete or inadequate.
  • Be evaluated on an individual basis.

Verification Letters for Extended Time on Standardized Tests

If you are a current registered student with ODS or a student who was registered with our office in the past, you may contact us for a verification letter for standardized tests.

If you received extended time in your undergraduate studies, you may be eligible for extended time on standardized tests such as the GMAT, LSAT, GRE, or other standardized testing.

Please review the specific requirements for applying for extended time with the appropriate testing board, then contact us at to request a letter be mailed to you verifying you as a registered student and your accommodations. Please allow one to two weeks to process such requests.