COVID-19 Testing and Vaccine Resources
Vaccine Location and Hours
The University continues to require every member of our faculty, staff, and students to be fully up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccinations in order to enter campus. This currently means an individual has received a full series of COVID-19 vaccines, and the new bivalent booster doses; eligibility is determined primarily by the age of the recipient and by the date of a recipient’s most recent dose. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), individuals 12 and older are eligible for the updated bivalent booster, and in order to be considered up to date with vaccines, they should receive the bivalent booster if it has been 2 months or longer since their last COVID-19 vaccine. The University requires all members to be up to date by November 1.
On the both the Rose Hill and Lincoln Center campuses, Fordham carries the new bivalent vaccine - both Pfizer and Moderna - and is administering it as a booster dose. We no longer carry the Pfizer and Moderna two-dose monovaliant vaccines, as they can only be administered for the primary vaccine series and not as a booster dose. If you need to start or complete your primary vaccine series, search vaccines.gov, text your ZIP code to 438829, or call 1-800-232-0233 to find an off campus location near you. Please call University Health Services if you need assistance.
This CDC website outlines recommendations for booster doses based on the original vaccine received. This CDC website provides information to prepare for your COVID-19 vaccination and notes that you can get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you recover from COVID-19 infection.
- You'll need to sign up for a vaccine appointment with your Fordham email.
- Please bring a form of ID to the site.
- To cancel an appointment, mark yourself as 'No' under the RSVP. This will make your appointment slot available again.
Vaccines are not available on University Holidays and are available on campus as follows:
Rose Hill Campus:
- O'Hare Hall, Rear, Next to the Engineering Office & opposite the Ram Van loading area
- Mondays between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Additional dates added: Tuesday, October 11 and 25 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Schedule a Vaccine at Rose Hill
Lincoln Center Campus:
- Lowenstein South Lounge
- Wednesdays between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Additional dates added: Tuesday, October 18 and November 1 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
COVID-19 Testing Locations and Hours
University Health Services provides testing for students with limited testing for employees. View the below information for testing details.
More information about setting up your Color Health Account is below the campus testing information.
*If you are a student who is experiencing symptoms, Please contact University Health Services
If you have been notified that you may have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, please do not call University Health Services; simply come for a test as follows:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m in the second trailer in Parking lot A
*If you are a student experiencing symptoms, Please contact University Health Services
If you have bene notified that you may have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, please do not call University Health Services; simply come for a test as follows:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m in Lowenstein South Lounge
Color Account Activation Information
Activating your Color account for COVID-19 testing is a multi-step process, and you can save yourself time before your initial test on campus by creating your account in advance.
- Create and confirm your Color account. Before you come for your first on-campus test, visit color.com/create-account and create your account using your Fordham University email address.
- To complete the creation of your Color account, you must confirm it by opening the Color Welcome email sent to your Fordham email address.
When you go to the on campus testing site for a test, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Activate your kit. When you arrive at the testing site and receive a kit, you will then need to sign in to color.com/activate using the Color account you previously created.
- Select the option to activate a COVID-19 test kit
- Select the option that your school has a testing program
- If you already created your Color account, select the option indicating that you have a Color account
- If you did not previously create your Color account, you will need to do so now, by selecting the option that you don't have a Color account and following the instructions in steps 1 & 2 above
- Choose the correct program to activate a kit - Fordham Employees or Fordham Student
- Select the button to Activate Kit at the testing site when you have received a kit.
- Complete the pre-test survey. You will be asked to indicate any symptoms or medical conditions.
- Review the information about positive and negative test results. Complete the acknowledgements on the bottom of the page.
- Complete the form and add the requested personal information: Review and confirm that all of your personal information is correct before submitting. (Students should enter their on-campus or local address rather than their permanent address.)
- You only have to add the requested personal information at the time of your initial test and it will be saved in your record for any later tests.
- Follow the Self-Swab Collection Kit instructions and give your sample to the nurse.
- Keep the barcode and wait for the email with your results.