Incoming First-Year Financial Aid Application Process
In Early Decision, students make a commitment to a first-choice institution where, if admitted, they definitely will enroll (students must also withdraw all other admission applications). Students who are U.S. Citizens or Eligible Non-Citizens are eligible to receive an early financial aid package including federal*, state, and institutional awards by December 20, 2022.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and CSS Profile to receive maximum consideration for all types of aid including Fordham grants and scholarships, if you have not yet done so.
- Make certain Fordham has your correct social security number on file and that you file both the FAFSA and CSS Profile using the name and number printed on your social security card.
- To be considered exclusively for federal aid, only the FAFSA is required.
- Financial aid is available to U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens.
By November 15, 2022 Deadline
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. (School Code 002722)
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to transfer 2021 federal tax information into your 2023-2024 FAFSA, if eligible.
- Submit the CSS Profile online. (School Code 2259)
- Input the 2021 tax data entered on the FAFSA to ensure consistency. Estimates of 2022 and 2023 income information will also be required.
- The CSS Profile is now free to students with family incomes up to $100,000.
- If your parents are divorced, separated, or were never married and they are not living together:
- Fordham University requires each biological parent to complete a CSS Profile. As you complete your profile, you can instruct the College Board to provide your noncustodial parent with instructions on how to complete a separate CSS Profile. A noncustodial parent is typically the parent the student lived with the least during the past year.
- Claim your account to monitor the status of your financial aid application.
- Visit " Getting Online: Your AccessIT ID".
- Contact Fordham's Help Desk at 718-817-3999 if assistance is needed in claiming your account.
By November 22, 2022 and Continuously Thereafter
- Log onto Financial Aid Online to:
- Review letters and emails from Student Financial Services requesting additional information.
- Submit all requested information by December 1, 2022, via secure upload.
- View any additional requests and check the status of documents submitted after claiming your account.
What to Expect as an Early Decision Applicant
- Early Decision is a binding application plan. Early Decision applicants make a commitment to a first-choice institution where, if admitted, they will definitely enroll. This means students must enroll if admitted and withdraw any other pending applications.
- Admitted applicants who complete the financial aid process by December 1, 2022, will receive notification of their financial aid awards by December 20, 2022.
- The Early Decision deposit deadline is January 15, 2023.
- Applicants who do not complete the process for an early award by December 1 can still file the FAFSA and CSS Profile by February 1, 2023, for review during the regular financial aid process.
The Final Steps of Completing the Financial Aid Process:
- Once you submit your admission deposit, visit Financial Aid Online to accept awards online
- Review requirements for borrowing Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans
- Utilize the Fordham University Award Comparison Chart to assist you in comparing the Fordham University Financial Aid package to that of other universities.
- Eligibility for state, federal and institutional aid is determined by estimated family contribution, enrollment status, academic performance and availability of funds.
*To be considered for federal aid you only need to file a FAFSA.