How to Apply
We're glad you're serious.
If you’re a typical freshman, here’s what goes into a complete application:
- The Common Application (online), including an essay
- High school transcript (Transfer students: please also submit all college transcripts)
- SAT or ACT scores (SAT code: 2259; ACT code: 2748)
- Letter of recommendation
Make sure to check out what we're looking for in our applicants.
Note on application deadlines: For Fordham University, we would like your application to be as complete as possible by the time of the submission deadline. We do understand that it is not always possible for official scores and supporting documents to arrive with the application. On or before the deadline, only the application itself must be received. Scores and additional documents should be received within two weeks of the deadline and no later than one month prior to the posted date of decision notification (by December 1st for Early Action/Early Decision and by March 1st for Regular Decision).
- Early Action: November 1 (*Deadline extended to November 8)
- Early Decision: November 1 (*Deadline extended to November 8)
- Priority Performance (Required Deadline For All Theatre Or Dance Major Applicants): November 1 (*Deadline extended to November 8)
- Regular Decision: January 1
Information About Application Fee Waivers
Our institution proudly participates in the College Board’s SAT-to-College Application Fee-Waiver Program. If you took the SAT using a fee waiver, you automatically qualify for a college application fee waiver to apply for admission here at Fordham University. You can learn more about this program at College Board.
Students can also select the "NACAC Fee Waiver" option on the Common Application.