- Academic 3-credit course (mandatory): US $3600, Due May 1, 2016
- Externship for 3 credits (optional): US $2100, Due May 1, 2016
- Non-Refundable Application Fee: US $100 (Paid with application) *
* The application fee will be refunded to persons who cannot be admitted into the program or in the unlikely event that the Institute is cancelled.
- Non-Refundable Externship Placement Fee: US $500 (Please make payment at time of initial application. This fee is in addition to the externship tuition, if interested in receiving 3 credits.)
(per student/double occupancy; single occupancy is available for twice the listed double-occupancy rate)
- Housing for Course Only (June 17 - July 3, 16 nights): US $900
- Housing for Course and Externships (June 17 - August 7, 50 nights): US $2500
Students intending to rely on financial aid are responsible for submitting the initial application fee of $100 required to complete an application (along with the $500 externship placement fee if applicable). They are also responsible for making full payment by May 1, 2016, unless a waiver of this requirement is sought and received in writing from the Summer Institute.
Financial aid in the form of federal loans is available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents attending eligible law schools. Fordham Law School students should apply for these loans through the Law School Financial Aid Office. Eligible students at other U.S. law schools should apply for loans through their home schools. Applicants who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents should contact organizations in their home countries to inquire about the possibility of financial assistance, and may be eligible to borrow a private loan.
Students who withdraw from the Summer Institute prior to May 1, 2016, will receive a full tuition refund (minus the $100 non-refundable fee deposit and $500 non-refundable externship placement fee). No refunds will be issued after May 1, 2016 unless the program is cancelled.
The Summer Institute reserves the right to alter or cancel its programs. In the unlikely event that the Summer Institute were to be canceled, students would be notified immediately and the otherwise non-refundable application fees and any other payments would be refunded within 20 days of cancellation. If cancellation were to occur, Fordham will use its best efforts to make alternative arrangements for any enrolled student to attend a similar program, if desired. If the program were to be modified substantially, students affected by the modifications will be entitled to a refund upon request.