Ho Chi Minh (1890-1968) drafted the following program
on February 18, 1930, for a conference of Vietnamese Communists
who met in the British colony of Hong Kong.
Workerss peasants, soldiers, youth, pupils!
Oppressed and exploited compatriots!
The Communist Party of Indochina is founded. It is the party of
the working class. It will help the proletarian class lead the
revolution in order to struggle for all the oppressed and exploited
people. From now on we must pin the Party, help it and follow
it in order to implement the following slogans:
1. To overthrow French imperialism, feudalism, and the reactionary Vietnamese capitalist class.
2.. To make Indochina completely independent.
3. To establish a workerpeasant and soldier government.
4. To confiscate the banks and other enterprises belonging to the imperialists and put them under the control of the workerpeasant and soldier government.
5. To confiscate all of the plantations and property belonging to the imperialists and the Vietnamese reactionary capitalist class and distribute them to poor peasants.
6. To implement the eighthour working day.
7. To abolish public loans and poll tax. To waive unjust taxes hitting the poor people.
8. To bring back all freedom to the masses.
9. To carry out universal education.
10. To implement equality between man and woman.
Nguyen Ai Quoc (Ho Chi Minh)
This text is part of the Internet Modern History Sourcebook. The Sourcebook is a collection of public domain and copy-permitted texts for introductory level classes in modern European and World history.
Unless otherwise indicated the specific electronic form of the document is copyright. Permission is granted for electronic copying, distribution in print form for educational purposes and personal use. If you do reduplicate the document, indicate the source. No permission is granted for commercial use of the Sourcebook.
(c)Paul Halsall Aug 1997