Competition Law Institute
For more than 40 years, the Fordham Competition Law Institute has presented the annual International Antitrust Law and Policy Conference, which is widely recognized as one of the premier events in the field.
Antitrust Economics Workshop
Wednesday, 21 September 2016
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
This interactive workshop will combine role-play simulations, mini-lectures, and Q&A sessions to cover the critical issues practitioners need to know about hiring, preparing, and working with economic experts from the beginning of a case through trial.
The workshop will feature economic experts and leading antitrust practitioners speaking on key topics:
- Choosing and hiring an economic expert
- Making sure the expert has the right staff support
- Understanding the case: the intersection of law, facts, and economics
- Working with the expert as s/he writes an expert report
- Preparing the expert for deposition
- Dealing with Daubert challenges
- Prepping the expert for direct and cross examination
- Preparing trial demonstratives
- Succeeding at trial
43rd Annual Conference on
International Antitrust Law and Policy
“The Future of Antitrust in Asia”
Thursday – Friday, 22 – 23 September 2016
Day 1 | 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., reception immediately following
Day 2 | 8:30 a.m. – 1:45 p.m.
Antitrust agency heads from the Federal Trade Commission, Department of Justice, Competition Markets Authority, and EU Commission will deliver keynote remarks. Panel discussions will address antitrust and intellectual property in Asia, cartel hotspots, international antitrust cooperation in today’s multicultural environment, and antitrust enforcement in China. The conference concludes with an in-house counsel roundtable, “The China Challenge.”
Throughout the workshop and conference, participants will gain valuable opportunities to network with rising and influential leaders from competition authorities and private practice, academia, and the judiciary.
The workshop and conference take place in the Skadden Conference Center at Fordham Law School in New York City.
(Fordham Law alumni receive a 50% discount on general registration.)
- Combo: Conference and Antitrust Economics Workshop, $1,500
- Conference only, $1,200
- Antitrust Economics Workshop only, $500
Government Employees and Academics
- Combo: Conference and Antitrust Economics Workshop, $525
- Conference only, $485
- Antitrust Economics Workshop only, $75
- Combo: Conference and Antitrust Economics Workshop, $275
- Conference only, $250
- Antitrust Economics Workshop only, $50
Fordham faculty and students may register for free.
The registration fee includes: all sessions, course materials, catered meals, and the hardcover volume based on the proceedings (note: students do not receive the volume). View Fordham Law School's financial hardship policy.
CLE credit has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State CLE Board for the:
- 43rd Annual Conference on International Antitrust Law and Policy with a maximum of 10.5 transitional and nontransitional professional practice credit hours.
- Antitrust Economics Workshop with a maximum of 6.5 transitional and nontransitional professional practice credit hours.