M.S.W. Plans of Study
Fordham offers flexible full-time and part-time plans of study to earn a master of social work (M.S.W.). Students will have the opportunity to create their own plan of study in one or more advanced practice areas:
- Individuals and Families: Learn how to provide direct services that address clients’ environment and overall well-being.
- Organizations and Community: Be prepared to work effectively with entire communities and various types of organizations, including private and public companies and nonprofits.
- Evaluation: Become a more versatile social worker as you study and apply new ideas in the field.
- Policy Practice and Advocacy: Develop skills related to managing organizations and systems, creating policy, writing grant proposals, and obtaining funding.
Our master of social work degree is a 66-credit program broken down as follows:
- 48 credits of classwork.
- 18 credits of fieldwork experience.
The first 33 credits are part of the foundation phase; everyone takes the same courses at this level. The remaining 33 credits are part of the program's advanced phase. Admissions counselors are happy to meet with you and help you select the most appropriate plan for your learning needs.
We offer four plans of study in which you can complete your MSW degree:
Plans of Study at Our Lincoln Center and Westchester Campuses
We offer four plans of study in which you can complete your M.S.W. degree:
- Two-Year Plan of Study
- Three- to Four-Year Plan of Study
- Advanced Standing Full-Time Plan of Study
- Advanced Standing Part-Time Plan of Study
Plans of Study at Our Long Island Molloy Campus
- On-Campus Three- to Four-Year Plan of Study
- On-Campus Advanced Standing Plan of Study
- On-Campus Advanced Standing Part-Time Plan of Study
- Hybrid Two-Year Full-Time Plan of Study
- Hybrid Three- to Four-Year Plan of Study
- Hybrid Advanced Standing Plan of Study
- Hybrid Advanced Standing Part-Time Plan of Study
Plans of Study for Our Online Program
Our Office of Admissions is available to answer your questions and concerns throughout the application process. Please email us at email@example.com or call 212-636-6600.