GSS Continuing Education
Get notifications on CE classes.
Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service is committed to providing high quality continuing education to further the lifelong learning of licensed social workers. Classes are taught by experienced, qualified professionals.
NYSED and ACE Continuing Education Provider
NYSED-Approved Provider of Continuing Education Hours
Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service is recognized by The State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers — #0066.
ACE-Approved Provider of Continuing Education Hours
Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service, #1815, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service maintains responsibility for the program. ACE provider approval period: 06/14/2022 – 06/14/2023.
ACE is not an approved Continuing Education provider in New York, New Jersey and West Virginia, however Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service:
- is a NYSED-approved continuing education in New York State.
- is a CSWE-accredited school of social work and for this reason continuing education credits for licensed social workers are accepted in New Jersey.
- is an ACE-approved continuing education provider and continuing education credits are recognized in West Virginia for classes offered outside of West VA.
Social workers should contact their state licensing board to determine course approval for continuing education credits.
New York State and ACE continuing education guidelines require that attendees must be present for the entire class to receive credit for Continuing Education Hours. If you arrive late or leave early you will not receive a certificate for the CE hours and no refund will be issued.
Please allow up to 30 calendar days after the workshop date to receive your certificate.
For more information about our social work continuing education programs, comments, or suggestions for new courses, email us at [email protected].
- Interested in teaching? If you have at least 5 years experience in the social service field, please submit your proposal for the class and your résumé to [email protected].
- Partner with us! We want to collaborate with organizations that seek to develop innovative continuing education classes, workshops, and conferences.
Cancellations and Refunds
Refunds may be issued as follows:
- 10 working days prior to the class date: full refund
- 7 to 9 working days prior to the class date: 50% refund
- 6 working days or less prior to the class date: no refund
- Note: Working day is Monday through Friday, non-holiday days.
Refund requests must be made via email to [email protected]. The date on the email will be used to determine the amount of the refund. If the class is canceled, all registrants will receive a full refund.
For classes registered at the same time:
- Two classes: 10% off total price
- Three or four classes: 15% off total price
- Five or more: 20% off total price
Volume discounts are not applied at checkout. They will be issued as a refund.
You may choose the group discount fee rate if there are three or more people from your agency registering for the same class.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you would like to arrange for a class for your agency.
Continuing Education Classes!
Anti-Ageist Social Work: What Clinicians Need to Know
June 6, 2023
Trauma Spectrum Disorders: Reintegrating America's Returning Warriors
June 15, 2023