Children and Families Educational Initiatives
The Children and Families Institute’s social work professional development activities enhance the services provided to children and families. We offer:
- The Children and Families Institute Scholars program, which provides scholarships for ten advanced level MSW students annually.
- Post-graduate training in the treatment of interpersonal trauma.
- Post-graduate training in the management of non-profit agencies servicing children and families.
- Consultation regarding program innovation and development.
- Continuous quality improvement activities including data collection and analysis.
- Curriculum development in areas including: children’s mental health, intimate partner violence, children and adolescents in foster care, substance abuse, HIV and serving educational needs of highly mobile families.
- Conferences and other forums designed to educate professionals about emerging issues in the field.