Children and Families Institute Research
The Children and Family Institute offers our social work and child welfare research resources and expertise to national, state, local and professional organizations. Some recent research activities include the:
- Implementation and Evaluation of the Westchester Building Futures' BraveLife Intervention (BLI).
For a review of BLI training and evaluation material
- Evaluation of a clinical model for child welfare supervisors.
- Study of a practice innovation deploying child welfare supervisors in foster care differentially to enhance engagement of birth parents with services.
- Study of the implementation of standardized trauma assessment measures in agencies providing mental health services for children.
- Evaluation of a training system change project for child welfare staff working with youth transiting out of foster care.
- Evaluation of sexual abuse training for adoption, foster care, and preventive service staff.
- Evaluation of organizational capacity to provide trauma-sensitive services to children, adolescents, and their families.