The Children and Family Institute offers our social work and child welfare research resources and expertise to national, state, local and professional organizations. Some recent research activities include the:
- Evaluation of a clinical model for child welfare supervisors.
- Study of a practice innovation deploying child welfare supervisors in foster care differentially to enhance engagement of birth parents with services.
- Study of the implementation of standardized trauma assessment measures in agencies providing mental health services for children.
- Evaluation of a training system change project for child welfare staff working with youth transiting out of foster care.
- Evaluation of sexual abuse training for adoption, foster care, and preventive service staff.
- Evaluation of organizational capacity to provide trauma-sensitive services to children, adolescents, and their families.